Interquartile Range Calculator
Calculate the interquartile range of a set of numbers.
About Interquartile Range Calculator
The Interquartile Range Calculator is used to calculate the interquartile range of a set of numbers (Step by Step).
In descriptive statistics, the interquartile range (IQR) is a measure of statistical dispersion, being equal to the difference between the third and first quartiles. It is also called the midspread or middle fifty.
First Quartile And Third Quartile
The first quartile, also called the lower quartile, is equal to the data at the 25th percentile of the data. The third quartile, also called the upper quartile, is equal to the data at the 75th percentile of the data.
There are several different methods for calculating quartiles. This calculator uses a method described by Moore and McCabe to find quartile values. The same method is also used by the TI-83 to calculate quartile values. With this method, the first quartile is the median of the numbers below the median, and the third quartile is the median of the numbers above the median.
The following is the interquartile range calculation formula:
IQR = Q3 - Q1
IQR = interquartile range
Q3 = third quartile
Q1 = first quartile
Reference this content, page, or tool as:
You can also try our new AI Math Solver to solve your math problems through natural language question and answer.
Statistics And Data Analysis:
- Arithmetic Mean Calculator Featured
- Average Calculator (High Precision)
- Average Deviation Calculator Featured
- Coefficient of Variation Calculator (High Precision)
- Compound Growth Calculator
- Confidence Interval Calculator
- Geometric Mean Calculator
- Harmonic Mean Calculator
- Interquartile Range Calculator
- Mean Absolute Deviation (MAD) Calculator Featured
- Mean Calculator (High Precision)
- Mean Median Mode Calculator
- Median Absolute Deviation Calculator
- Median Calculator
- Midrange Calculator Featured
- Mode Calculator
- Outlier Calculator Featured
- Population Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision)
- Quartile Calculator Featured
- Quartile Deviation Calculator
- Range Calculator Featured
- Relative Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Root Mean Square Calculator Featured
- Sample Mean Calculator Featured
- Sample Size Calculator
- Sample Standard Deviation Calculator Featured
- Standard Deviation Calculator (High Precision)
- Standard Error Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Variance Calculator (High Precision) Featured