Scientific Notation Calculator
Perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations in scientific notation.
About Scientific Notation Calculator
The Scientific Notation Calculator is used to perform addition, subtraction, multiplication and division calculations in scientific notation.
Scientific notation (also called standard form or exponential notation) is a way of writing numbers that accommodates values too large or small to be conveniently written in standard decimal notation.
In scientific notation, all numbers are written like this:
a × 10b
where the exponent b is an integer, and the coefficient a is any real number (called the significand or mantissa).
E notation is a type of scientific notation in which the phrase “times 10 to the power of” is replaced by the letter E or e; for example, 1.2 × 105 is written as 1.2E+5 or 1.2e5 and 7.4 × 10-8 is written as 7.4E-8.
Related Miniwebtools:Scientific Notation to Decimal Converter Decimal to Scientific Notation Converter
Advanced Math Operations:
- Antilog Calculator Featured
- Beta Function Calculator
- Binomial Coefficient Calculator
- Bitwise Calculator Featured
- Combination Calculator
- Complementary Error Function Calculator
- Complex Numbers Calculator
- Error Function Calculator
- Exponential Decay Calculator (High Precision)
- Exponential Growth Calculator (High Precision) Featured
- Exponential Integral Calculator
- Exponents Calculator (High Precision)
- Factorial Calculator
- Gamma Function Calculator
- Golden Ratio Calculator
- Half Life Calculator Featured
- Percent Growth Rate Calculator
- Permutation Calculator
- Proportion Calculator Featured
- Quadratic Formula Calculator
- Scientific Notation Calculator Featured
- Sum of Cubes Calculator
- Sum of Positive Integers Calculator
- Sum of Squares Calculator